Agenda: Wednesday 27th November | Financing Forum Sessions
Pre-Conference Project Financing Forum
|For sponsorship, Exhibition or Marketing Partner Enquiries please write to
Exhibition opens at 12:00 | Conference sessions commence at 13:15
18:00 | Pre - Conference Forum Sessions Close
19:30 | Official Power Europe Welcome Dinner for Attendees
Cleaner, Smarter, Cheaper: Responding to Opportunities in a Changing
Energy System in Europe
- Why Europe can aim for much more RES by 2030 at similar costs
- Why gas plays a much smaller role in balancing the grid than currently
perceived, even as Europe retires coal, due to smart electrification and
demand side flexibility.
- How the power sector can reduce emissions much faster and deeper
that the current 2DG pathway.
- Why the EU is looking at deeper cuts by 2030 targets in lights of
WB2DG under the Paris Agreement.
Speaker: Stijn Carton, Energy Systems Programme, European Climate
|Pre-Conference Power Project Financing Forum
Financing & New
+ DERMS Workshop
Power Project Finance Structuring for Energy Utilities & Investors
Speaker: Andrew Doyle, Manager, Power & Renewables, Structured
- Project financing structures for facilitating differing finance strategies
- Key considerations for investors and utilities
- Recent trends in power & renewables in the EMEA region
Finance Office for EMEA, MUFG Bank
Embracing the Low-Carbon Energy Future for South East Europe -
Perspective of an Investor in the Bulgarian Power Market
Speaker: Olivier Marquette, President, AES Bulgaria and Head of Business
Development Eurasia, AES
As of June 2017, Olivier Marquette assumed the position of Head of Business
Development Eurasia & AES Bulgaria President. Together with his new
engagements, he continues to serve as President of AES and Bulgaria.
Prior to joining AES Bulgaria in 2015, he was a VP Business Development in
AES Dominican Republic. Previously Olivier worked at EDF) for 9 years.
EU Conventional and RES Power & Energy Project Financing: Short to
Medium Term Prospects & Risks / Return Profile
- Future of financing for power: syndicate profiles and requirements
- Falling cost of solar & renewables vs Low of hydrocarbon prices: Impact on renewable vs
conventional power investments
- Renewables & auction processes for subsidies Vs feed-in tariffs or contract for differences
at fixed levels
- Effect on power projects given the record number of sovereign down-grades
- Requirements of the new energy investor: Profile of equity infrastructure funds seeking
Andre Jurres, Director, NPG Invest
Dmitry Sergeev, CTO, PVStream
Ivan Androcec, Section Head of Investment Strategy and New Technology, HEP
Olivier Marquette, President and Head of Business Development Eurasia, AES Bulgaria
Andrew Doyle, Manager, Power & Renewables, Structured Finance Office for EMEA, MUFG Bank
How to Deploy Smart Grid Applications to Combat Power Outages and
Cut Network Losses | Extended Workshop
Exemplifying the benefits of smart grid applications in a use-case scenario, this
session will demonstrate the potential advantages of using distributed intelligence
and smart grid applications
- Distributed control nodes identify and isolate issues, enabling rapid
- Automated problem identification can be incorporated into the smart grid to
reduce manpower and operational expenditure.
- Distributed intelligence can work across different platforms and devices to
save implementation costs.
Speaker: Mark Ossel, Member of the Board, OSGP Alliance
|16:00 | New Power Technology Afternoon Pre-Conference Forum
|European Power Strategy & Systems Summit
& Power Project Financing and New Technologies Forum
27 - 29 November 2019 | Prague | Czech Republic
Agenda | Day 2
|"The event gives a great
overview of the challenges
being faced by the utilities
industry today together
with a snapshot of the
currently available and
Marketing Director, Wärtsilä
"An exceptional summit.
Very good speakers that
completely satisfied what I
wanted to hear about.
Excellent job by the EPG
ADMIE S.A (Greek T.S.O)
"Extremely informative and
insightful regarding the
most recent power market
preparing for the
challenges ahead - All
excellent speakers and
presentations, thank you!"
"Attending Power Europe I
get important additional
insights regarding the
occurring in the European
Structured Finance - Power &
Renewables. ING Bank NV
"Extremely useful to be
informed of the current
situation in European
energy markets, the return
on capital investments,
electricity pricing structure
and market design."
NP Market Council
interesting attendees and
perfect organisation - a
networking MUST! "
VP - Commercial & Business
" An excellent conference,
very informative and
extremely well organised. "
E.ON & EURELECTRIC